Are you fascinated by goods moving over the globe, international transport networks and uberisation of transport? We are on the lookout for a Transport Manager who enjoys to collaborate with different in- and external stakeholders in all Kramp countries, leading the logistic expansion of Kramp. As part of the Distribution department you are the linking pin on outbound shipments between countries, sales and our internal logistic organization.
What is your role?
Within our International Transport Department (existing of a team of 5), we are responsible for the setup of all the incoming and outgoing transportation flows of 10 warehouses across Europe. This reaches from tendering ocean freight for our worldwide supplier base, to the final mile delivery from a local distribution center to any European customer. We are looking for a new colleague who is an expert in (strategical) transport related topics.
- Manage the relation with carriers with the focus on continuous improvement on logistic performance, cost decrease and/or service increase;
- Take initiative to develop and maintain the achievements of our carriers and of cost measurement systems;
- Support international and local projects for the improvement of operational processes in the field of logistics, support, distribution and purchase;
- Leading the tendering (selection) process, starting with the definition of our business requirements till finalizing in a contract and hand-over to operations;
- Implement the outcome of a tender or from an improvement project in one or several countries using project management approach;
- Perform business- and investment calculations.
Who are you?
- Bachelor or Master degree;
- Strong commercial, negotiation and analytical skills;
- At least 3 years of experience in warehousing, logistics or supply chain operations;
- In this international role it’s very important that you enjoy to connect with people from different cultures and build long term relationships;
- Extensive experience in an international environment, focused on transport over Europe;
- Good knowledge of TMS;
- Preferably you have worked in an environment where CEP (courier, express and parcel) has been integrated.
We are flexible in terms of the country you are based in (either the Netherlands, Belgium or Germany). After Covid, the role requires to travel to our different distribution centers in Europe (around 25% of your time) and our head office in the Netherlands.
What do we offer?
You will join a close team, in which there is a lot of room for your initiatives. We are an ambitious, fast growing and financially sound organisation. Therefore you can expect a few important things from us. We value personal development a lot and thus we offer great budget for courses and trainings. Besides your monthly salary we also offer:
- Generous amount of holidays (depending on the country you work)
- Pension plan
- Laptop and phone
- Travel allowance
- Profit sharing bonus
Who are we?
Johan Kramp started in 1951 from his garage in Varsseveld. When cycling he crossed borders to Germany: the beginning of the international millions company we are nowadays. We still follow the principles of Johan Kramp, but in time of today. Thanks to our ambitions we are active throughout Europe: a leading position in the agricultural market for parts. We heavily invest in E-Business and innovations. Our aim is to make it easy for our customers to run their business.
Working at Kramp means working with over 3000 international colleagues and despite our size we have retained our strong family culture. The people at Kramp are enthusiastic, professional and involved. We speak our customers’ language, understand their challenges and earn their trust to exceed their expectations. We think and actively work alongside them to provide a service second to none. Our promise “It’s that easy” is embedded in our culture and DNA.
In case you feel challenged by above role description and requirements, we’re interested in meeting you! Please use the application button and send your CV and motivation letter.
Do you have a question about this vacancy? Please don’t hesitate to contact Sophie ten Berge (Recruiter).
E: email@example.comVarsseveld (NL)Lummen (BE), Strullendorf (DE)