Carrier Manager - Transport Logistics
Are you fascinated by goods moving over the globe, international transport networks and uberisation of transport? We are on the lookout for a Carrier Manager in Transport Logistics who enjoys to collaborate with different in- and external stakeholders in all Kramp countries, leading the logistic expansion of Kramp. As part of the Central Transport & Distribution Department you are the linking pin on outbound shipments between countries, sales and our internal logistic organization.
What is your role?
We are looking for a new team member who is an expert in (strategical) transport related topics and will focus on the carrier management and relationships with international partners and internal stakeholders.
Within our Distributions department (existing of a team of 5), we are responsible for the setup of all the incoming and outgoing transportation flows of 11 warehouses across Europe. This reaches from tendering ocean freight for our worldwide supplier base, to the final mile delivery from a local distribution center to any European customer.
- Manage the relation with carriers with the focus on continuous improvement on transport & distribution performance, cost decrease and/or service increase;
- Take initiatives to develop and maintain the achievements of our carriers and of cost measurement systems;
- Support international and local projects for the improvement of operational processes in the field of logistics, support, distribution and purchase;
- Leading the tendering (selection) process, starting with the definition of our business requirements till finalizing in a contract and hand-over to day-to-day operations;
- Applying project management as well as continuous improvement approach;
- Perform business- and investment analyses;
Who are you?
- Completed Bachelor or Master degree.
- Strong skills in commercial negotiation, cost (budget) management and analytics.
- Extensive experience handling new services (business development) in the transport logistics.
- Able to connect with people from different countries and with external partners at different seniority levels.
- Competencies to lead a team.
- Experience with managing carriers and contracts globally.
- Sound knowledge globally in transport markets and in various transport segments.
- Extensive personal network in Transport & Logistics environment.
- Excellent skills in Excel, Powerpoint and Transport Management Systems.
- Preferably you have worked in an environment where CEP (courier, express and parcel) has been integrated.
You will be mainly based in our head office in Varsseveld but after Covid, the role requires to travel to our different distribution centers in Europe (around 25% of your time).
What do we offer?
You will join an international team, in which there is a lot of room for your initiatives. We are an ambitious, fast growing and financially sound organization. Therefore, you can expect a few important things from us. We value personal development a lot and thus we offer great budget for courses and trainings. Besides your monthly salary we also offer various benefits such as:
- 37 holidays
- Travel allowance
- Profit sharing bonus
- Hybrid working
- Generous pension plan
Who are we?
Johan Kramp started in 1951 from his garage in Varsseveld. When cycling he crossed borders to Germany: the beginning of the international millions company we are nowadays. We still follow the principles of Johan Kramp, but in time of today. Thanks to our ambitions we are active throughout Europe: a leading position in the agricultural market for parts. We heavily invest in Ecommerce and innovations. Our aim is to make it easy for our customers to run their business.
Working at Kramp means working with over 3000 international colleagues and despite our size we have retained our strong family culture. The people at Kramp are enthusiastic, professional and involved. We speak our customers’ language, understand their challenges and earn their trust to exceed their expectations. We think and actively work alongside them to provide a service second to none. Our promise “It’s that easy” is embedded in our culture and DNA.
In case you feel challenged by above role description and requirements, we’re interested in meeting you. Please use the application button and send your CV and motivation letter.
Do you have a question about this vacancy? Please don’t hesitate to contact Sophie ten Berge (Recruiter)