Transport Manager Inbound
We are currently seeking a Carrier Manager in Transport Logistics who thrives on collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders, contributing to Kramp's growth strategy. As a crucial member of the Global Transport & Distribution Department, your role will be the linchpin for inbound flows from our suppliers to our distribution centers and/or transportation between our distribution centers.
What is your role?
Your responsibilities will include expertise in transport-related matters, with a specific focus on Carrier Management, Inbound Control Tower Activities, and fostering relationships with international partners, carriers, and internal stakeholders across Europe.
Within our Global Transport & Distribution department, consisting of a team of 10, we oversee the coordination of all incoming and outgoing transportation flows for over 10 warehouses in Europe. This entails tasks ranging from tendering ocean freight for our global supplier base to managing distribution strategies for the final mile delivery, whether from a local or regional distribution center to any European customer.
- Manage relationships with inbound carriers, focusing on continuous improvement in transport and distribution performance, cost efficiencies, and service enhancements.
- Initiate and maintain service performance measurements for our carriers and cost measurement systems.
- Support international and local projects aimed at improving operational processes in the areas of inbound logistics, internal transportation, and purchasing transport capacity.
- Lead the tendering (selection) process, starting from defining our business requirements to finalizing contracts in close collaboration with procurement colleagues.
- Coordinate all transportation flows with the Control Tower, aiming to deliver inbound or internal shipments to the respective destination warehouse on time and ensuring end-to-end visibility.
- Apply project management and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Conduct business and investment analyses.
Who are you?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Strong skills in commercial negotiation, budget management, and analytics.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to connect people across different departments and countries, as well as with external partners at various seniority levels. A team player with the competencies to lead a team effectively.
- Experience in managing carriers and contracts on a global scale.
- Preferably, you have worked in an environment where CEP (courier, express, and parcel) or other integrated transport services such as Road, Rail, and Ocean Freight have been utilized.
- Sound knowledge of global transport markets and various transport segments.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint.
We are flexible regarding the country in which you are based, whether it's the Netherlands, Belgium, or Germany. The role may require occasional travel to our different distribution centers in Europe.
What do we offer?
You will become part of an international team that values your initiatives. As an ambitious, fast-growing, and financially sound organization, you can expect several important benefits from us. We prioritize personal development and provide a substantial budget for courses and training. In addition to your monthly salary, we offer various benefits, including:
- Generous holiday allowance (In NL: 25 vacation days and 12 ADV days, based on fulltime)
- Great budget for training and courses
- Flexible working and working from home allowance
- Travel allowance
- Generous Pension scheme
- Laptop and phone
- Profit-sharing bonus
Who are we?
Johan Kramp started in 1951 from his garage in Varsseveld. When cycling he crossed borders to Germany: the beginning of the international millions company we are nowadays. We still follow the principles of Johan Kramp, but in time of today. Thanks to our ambitions we are active throughout Europe: a leading position in the agricultural market for parts. We heavily invest in E-commerce and innovations. Our aim is to make it easy for our customers to run their business.
Working at Kramp means working with over 3000 international colleagues and despite our size we have retained our strong family culture. The people at Kramp are enthusiastic, professional and involved. We speak our customers’ language, understand their challenges and earn their trust to exceed their expectations. We think and actively work alongside them to provide a service second to none. Our promise “It’s that easy” is embedded in our culture and DNA.
In case you feel challenged by above role description and requirements, we’re interested in meeting you. Please use the application button and send your CV and motivation letter.
Do you have a question about this vacancy? Please don’t hesitate to contact Josey Beckmans (Talent Acquisition Coordinator)