Procurement Category Manager Logistics
Due to the growth of Kramp, we are currently looking for an experienced Procurement Category Manager Logistics. If you are a strong entrepreneur, negotiator and looking to shape a new role within our business, then this could be your chance.
The Procurement function has a key role to play at Kramp: deliver the most competitive cost & cash base and create top line value by building and managing a strong supplier base.
As a Procurement Category Manager, you will be managing Logistics spend (a mix of Transport, Distribution and Warehouse related spend) in close collaboration with the respective teams within Kramp. Your activities will be including but not limited to sourcing and contracting activities for e.g. outbound (night transport, regular road transport, couriers), inbound (road transport and sea freight) and warehouse related services. Liaising with the relevant senior stakeholders, you will contribute to the development and implementation of category Procurement plans that deliver best in class results.
The location for this role will be a mix of Varsseveld, Utrecht and home office.
You report directly into the Procurement Manager Indirect Spend.
- Create and gain business wide support for and implement category sourcing plans that deliver tangible results;
- Develop sourcing strategies in line with category plans and use Kramp’s strategic sourcing software tool;
- Build effective relationships engaging with stakeholders across functions and country business units that maximize value and drive continuous improvement;
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to deliver total cost of ownership savings in your category and collaborate with the Distribution team on the implementation of these plans to capture those opportunities;
- Proactively manage supplier relationships in close alignment with the Distribution team regarding quality and service levels, to drive continuous improvement and position Kramp as a customer of choice;
- Measure and benchmark supplier performance;
- Continually search for cost saving opportunities, new technologies, new services and new suppliers that contribute to the overall strategy of the business.
Who are you?
To be successful in this role, you will need a relevant Bachelor or Master’s degree combined with at least 5 years of relevant experience, of which at least one year being in Logistics and preferably in a Procurement team/environment. You have shown your ability to translate plans into actions, to manage projects in the most efficient way and to challenge the existing and to drive change when necessary.
- Previous Carrier Business Development and/or Transportation Management experience would be considered as an asset;
- Good knowledge of the European logistics market;
- An excellent track record of delivering “best in class cost and cash results”;
- International experience in global / EU companies is desirable;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Experience with creating and implementing Procurement category strategies;
- Experience with Strategic sourcing software, e.g. SAP Ariba / Oracle / Coupa.
What do we offer?
We are an ambitious, fast growing and financially sound organization and thus you can expect a few important things from us. We value personal development a lot so we offer great personal training budget for education and career opportunities. Besides your competitive monthly salary, we also offer:
- An ambitious team who is always willing to help you in your development
- Profit sharing bonus
- 37 vacation days
- Travel allowance
- Generous pension plan
- Flexible working
Who are we?
Johan Kramp started in 1951 from his garage in Varsseveld. When cycling he crossed borders to Germany: the beginning of the international millions company we are nowadays. We still follow the principles of Johan Kramp, but in time of today. Thanks to our ambitions we are active throughout Europe: a leading position in the agricultural market for parts. We heavily invest in Ecommerce and innovations. Our aim is to make it easy for our customers to run their business.
Working at Kramp means working with over 3000 international colleagues and despite our size we have retained our strong family culture. The people at Kramp are enthusiastic, professional and involved. We speak our customers’ language, understand their challenges and earn their trust to exceed their expectations. We think and actively work alongside them to provide a service second to none. Our promise “It’s that easy” is embedded in our culture and DNA.
Procedure and contact
We work exclusively with an agency: Pod Talent for this vacancy. If you're interested in this role, please reach out to Alex McDougall