Business Process Improvement Manager – Category Management
Our ambitious Category Management team is looking for an experienced Business Process Improvement colleague to join the team and bring rigor in our execution.
As a Business Process Improvement Manager, you are responsible for defining and mapping Category Management processes. From Customer need to stocking an item but also on managing existing assortment. You will identify business process / technology improvements and changes and implement standardized processes to improve efficiency.
You are a linking pin to the group Continuous Improvement (CI) team and international CI community translating Group and other initiatives to your area and provide input on own initiatives and best practices to incorporate in the group CI roadmap.
In this role you report directly to the Director Product Management.
- Map and define the Category Management Processes;
- Implement Pricing Key processes;
- Implement a continuous improvement culture in the Product Management organisation and steer the local Product Management organisation;
- Enable data driven problem analysis and solution design.
- Set challenging but attainable goals with an emphasis on service quality, and customer satisfaction, as well as financial performance.
Who are you?
- Completed bachelor’s or master’s degree in the direction: Business Administration, Commerce or related.
- You are process minded, work well with change and able to adapt quickly.
- At least 8 years’ job-related experience in own area of expertise to fully competent level.
- Knowledge of category management processes (ideally within retail environment).
- Knowledge of category management in e-business/e-category management is considered an asset.
- Relevant experience in continuous improvement, process optimization and CI tools (e.g. daystart, 5S, kaizen, BPM, DMAIC).
- You'll be confident in giving feedback that promotes positive behavioral change.
What do we offer?
In your role you will be working with people with different backgrounds and expertise who all share the drive and ambition to bring Kramp’s Product Management processes to the next level.
- Competitive salary
- Inclusive culture with lots of opportunities for growth
- Profit sharing bonus
- 37 vacation days a year
- Great budget for training and courses
- Flexible working (from home, Utrecht and/or Varsseveld)
- Travel- and working from home allowance
- Laptop and phone
Who are we?
Johan Kramp started in 1951 from his garage in Varsseveld. When cycling he crossed borders to Germany: the beginning of the international millions company we are nowadays. We still follow the principles of Johan Kramp, but in time of today. Thanks to our ambitions we are active throughout Europe: a leading position in the agricultural market for parts. We heavily invest in E-Business and innovations. Our aim is to make it easy for our customers to run their business.
Working at Kramp means working with over 3000 international colleagues and despite our size we have retained our strong family culture. The people at Kramp are enthusiastic, professional, and involved. We speak our customers’ language, understand their challenges, and earn their trust to exceed their expectations. We think and actively work alongside them to provide a service second to none. Our promise “It’s that easy” is embedded in our culture and DNA.
Procedure and contact
Would you like to apply, or do you have a question about this vacancy? Please don’t hesitate to contact Sophie ten Berge (Talent Acquisition Specialist)