- Perform regular tasks to maintain, monitor and report on all database related processes (Oracle / MS-SQL suite), including the high-availability solutions
- Plan and execute changes / requests in infrastructure (incident management, standard-changes)
- Analyze, repair and recover from failures in database domain. Coordinate and communicate with impacted business units
- Design and document database architectures: Aid developers with data model
- Set standards for database-environment, create documentation and procedures, initiate testing of procedures
- Implement changes to ERP system as requested by business owner
- Administer; refresh ERP Development- Test- and Acceptance-environments based on ERP Production-environment. (DTAP)
- 2nd line support for technical issues and change management in ERP environment
- Provide high-level support for IT and other business-units
- Research and recommend innovative improvements, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle, technical analysis and design and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions
- Engineering of DBA-related solutions for various projects and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project.
- Bachelor's degree in IT.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- At least three years of experience in DBA-role or PL/SQL developer role,
- Experience maintaining Oracle databases (10, 11, 12) and MS-SQL Suite (2012, 2014)
- General knowledge of IT technologies.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Teta ERP) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of retail processes and documents flow.
- Knowledge of TOAD, SQL Developer, JIRA.
- Knowledge of project management processes and ITIL processes.
- Flexibility, responsibilities sometimes requires:
- Working in evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux as operating system, shell-scripting